April 20-21, 2023: 1
Please be sure to check "Email me with news and offers" on checkout to ensure you are receiving informational emails about your class date!
Fill out the training class interest form at the bottom of the page to be notified of future class dates!
Students will use Fusion 360 CAD & CAM and a Haas UMC-500 machine with 10-pallet pool automation cell.
Computers are provided, although students may bring their own laptop. Students must have their own Fusion 360 accounts. A paid Fusion license is required. The Fusion 360 personal license (aka hobby, free, etc) is not sufficient for this class.
1) You must be comfortable with basic computer operations (e.g. Microsoft Windows).
2) Students must have machining experience and have comfort around how to CNC machine a part. If you don't know or understand topics including: how to set work coordinate systems, touch off tools, or how to post and load a G-Code program, you should first enroll in our 3-Day Hands on Class.
3) You must have experience with Fusion 360 CAD / CAM programming. If not, students must first complete either our online Fusion 360 course or our 3-Day Hands on Class. If you are uncertain about this prerequisite, please reach out to us to discuss further.
- What is 5-axis?
- 5-axis workflow: Setup, Programming Basics, Simulation & Posting Code
- Program & Machine first two CAM operations on miniature V8 Engine Block
- Considerations around workholding, fixturing, and tooling
- Lunch Break
- Tool Orientation
- 3D Contour + Shaft/Holder detect to 'tip' part
- Swarf, Flow Examples
- Fusion 360 In-Process Probing for Op2+ work
- Tabbing & Window machining fixturing
- Students Program rest of V8 engine block
- Machine V8 Engine Blocks
- Key Fusion 360 5-Axis CAM strategies & operations
- Rapid Prototyping: Review of Container Method best practices
- Building in Process Reliability
- Discussion of critical options when buying a 5-axis machine including size, ATC, and automation
- Additional 5-axis resources and CAM examples
Class Times: Class runs from 8:30AM until 4PM. There is an hour break for students to leave for lunch.
Lodging: Options include local hotels (we recommend the Zanesville Holiday Inn Express) as well as AirBNB or VRBO.
Airport: CMH (Columbus John Glenn) is the closest airport; it is about 60 miles away.
Last Day: Students may leave early on the last day if required to catch an evening flight (however the class will run for the full day).
Address: Classes are located at 1554 Fairview Rd, Zanesville, OH 43701
REFUND, NO-SHOW, & CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellation 30 Days or More in advance of class: Full Refund, less 5% refund processing fee. Requests to transfer to a future class may be possible if requested at least 30 days in advance of class, however, any transfer request is subject to availability and approval at SMW discretion.
Cancellation within 30 days or No Show: No refund, but we will offer a 50% discount on one future class within one year and subject to availability.