March 21-23, 2023 / Tormach + Haas: 0
April 4-6 2023 / Tormach + Haas: 0
May 8-10, 2023 / Tormach: 0
May 8-10, 2023 / Haas: 0
May 22-24, 2023 / Tormach: 5
May 22-24, 2023 / Haas: 3
June 5-7, 2023 / Tormach: 5
June 5-7, 2023 / Haas: 3
Please be sure to check "Email me with news and offers" on checkout to ensure you are receiving informational emails about your class date!
Fill out the training class interest form at the bottom of the page to be notified of future class dates!
This three day class focuses on the operation and use of CAD, CAM, and CNC milling machines!
Students will use Fusion 360 CAD & CAM and can choose to use either Tormach or HAAS CNC mills. Beginning May 2023, tickets must be purchased for the control you would like to use. Curriculum remains the same for both Haas and Tormach, the only difference is the control/machine used when making chips! For classes prior to May 2023, students will have the option to use Tormach, Haas, or both.
Computers are provided, although students may bring their own laptop. Students must have their own Fusion 360 accounts. 30-day trials are available here for those who do not currently have an account.
A paid Fusion license is strongly recommended, but not required. The Fusion 360 personal license (aka hobby, free, etc) has limitations, including posting tool change code, that will require additional work by the student each time g-code is posted.
1) You must be comfortable with basic computer operations (e.g. Microsoft Windows).
2) No prior machining experience required
3) Fusion 360: students who are new to Fusion 360 must familiarize themselves via the online Fusion 360 CAD & CAM course (available at no cost to registered students) prior to the Hands On class.
- Fusion 360
- Dimensional Drawings
- CAM and CNC Toolpaths
- Basic Cutting Tool Speeds & Feeds
- Recommended Machine Shop & Measuring Tools
- Hands-On Portion
- Use of Edge Finders, Haimer, and Renishaw Probes to find Work Coordinate System
- Setting up Cutting Tools, tool holders, and tool heights
- Setting up and cutting soft jaws
- Students will machine and take home a sample part, a speed vise handle, and a bottle opener (subject to substitutions)
Class Times: Class runs from 8:30AM until 4PM. There is an hour break for students to leave for lunch.
Lodging: Options include local hotels (we recommend the Zanesville Holiday Inn Express) as well as AirBNB or VRBO.
Airport: CMH (Columbus John Glenn) is the closest airport; it is about 60 miles away.
Last Day: Students may leave early on the last day if required to catch an evening flight (however the class will run for the full day).
Address: Classes are located at 1554 Fairview Rd, Zanesville, OH 43701
REFUND, NO-SHOW, & CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellation 30 Days or More in advance of class: Full Refund, less 5% refund processing fee. Requests to transfer to a future class may be possible if requested at least 30 days in advance of class, however, any transfer request is subject to availability and approval at SMW discretion.
Cancellation within 30 days or No Show: No refund, but we will offer a 50% discount on one future class within one year and subject to availability.