SMW Modular Vise uses low profile clamping for a versatile workholding and fixturing system in combination with the Saunders Machine Works Taig Fixture Plate, Machinist Mini Pallet, or other 1/4" or M6 hole pattern fixture plates. Available in 1/4" or M6 sizes for our Inch and Metric hobby plates.
- Aluminum body and jaws machined in-house by SMW.
- The fixed position Mod Vise uses countersinks or dowel pins for quick alignment with the Fixture Plate's bolt pattern. Note: not all 1/4" and M6 fixture plates contain locating bores. The Mod Vise can still be used with these plates without dowel pins.
- Video Tutorial on How to Use the Mod Vise.
- Included mounting hardware intended for use with 1/4" & M6 fixture plates- Longer hardware is recommended for use with Mini Pallets due to their extended dowel pin bores.
- (1) Aluminum Fixed-Position Modular Vise
- (1) Aluminum Adjustable-Position Modular Vise
- (4) Clamping bolts.
- (1) Socket Head Cap Screw hardware kit to fasten Modular Vise to SMW Fixture Plate
Related Product & Accessories:
- Soft Jaws
- SMW Purchase link: (4-Sided Aluminum Soft Jaws)
- Reversible Jaw Insert
- SMW Purchase link: (Qty2 recommended for convenient 'step jaw' configuration).
- Talon Grips
- Manufacturer info & link: Mitee Bite P/N 32050
- SMW Purchase link: (up to Qty8 can be used in the Modular Vise, ordering at least four is recommended for use)
- 1/4" Fixturing Pin
- SMW Purchase link: (SMW 1/4" Fixturing Pin)
- Only compatible with 1/4" Hobby Vise, not M6