SMW Modular Vise uses low profile clamping for a versatile workholding and fixturing system in combination with the Saunders Machine Works Taig Fixture Plate, Machinist Mini Pallet, or other 1/4" or M6 hole pattern fixture plates. Available in 1/4" or M6 sizes for our Inch and Metric hobby plates. The dual station kit allows you to use one Adjustable Side of the Modular Vise on each side of the fixed base for low profile and higher part density setups.
- Aluminum body and jaws machined in-house by SMW.
- The fixed position Mod Vise uses countersinks or dowel pins for quick alignment with the Fixture Plate's bolt pattern. Note: not all 1/4" and M6 fixture plates contain locating bores. The Mod Vise can still be used with these plates without dowel pins.
- Video Tutorial on How to Use the Mod Vise.
- Included mounting hardware intended for use with 1/4" & M6 fixture plates- Longer hardware is recommended for use with Mini Pallets due to their extended dowel pin bores.
- Jaws can be used with standard vise parallels without our Reversible Insert Bars or Mitee-bite Talon Grips, however to use built in parallels one or the other must be used (sold separately).
- (1) Aluminum Fixed-Position Modular Vise w/ Dual Station Jaw
- (2) Aluminum Adjustable-Position Modular Vise
- (6) Clamping bolts.
- (1) Socket Head Cap Screw hardware kit to fasten Modular Vise to SMW Fixture Plate
Related Product & Accessories:
- Soft Jaws
- SMW Purchase link: (4-Sided Aluminum Soft Jaws)
- Reversible Jaw Insert
- SMW Purchase link: (Qty4 recommended for convenient 'step jaw' configuration).
- Talon Grips
- Manufacturer info & link: Mitee Bite P/N 32050
- SMW Purchase link: (up to Qty16 can be used in the Dual Station Modular Vise, ordering at least four per station is recommended)
- 1/4" Fixturing Pin
- SMW Purchase link: (SMW 1/4" Fixturing Pin)
- Only compatible with 1/4" Hobby Vise, not M6