The SMW 1/2" Modular Vise uses low profile clamping for a versatile workholding and fixturing system in combination with Saunders Machine Works 1/2" Fixture Plates! The dual station kit allows you to use one Adjustable Side of the Modular Vise on each side of the fixed base for low profile and higher part density setups.
- Soft jaw compatible!
- Steel body and jaws machined in-house by SMW.
- The fixed position Mod Vise Jaw uses diamond pins for quick tram alignment with the Fixture Plate's bolt pattern. SMW Mod Vises will generally not work on non-SMW fixture plates.
- Uses 7/16-20 'clamping bolts' on the Adjustable Jaw to deliver ~2900 pounds of clamping force at 30 ft/lbs torque per bolt- on par with typical 4" machine vises.
- Video Tutorial on How to Use the Mod Vise.
- (1) Fixed-Position Modular Vise Base (1/2")
- (2) Adjustable-Position Modular Vise Base (1/2)"
- (2) Reversible 4" Talon / Solid Jaws.
- (1) Dual Station Talon Jaw
- (6) 7/16-20 Clamping bolts.
- (1)Hardware kit to fasten Modular Vise to SMW Fixture Plate
Related Product & Accessories:
- Soft Jaws
- SMW Purchase link: (4-Sided Aluminum Soft Jaws)
- Reversible Jaw Insert
- SMW Purchase link: (Qty2 recommended for convenient 'step jaw' configuration).
- Talon Grips
- Manufacturer info & link: Mitee Bite P/N 32050
- SMW Purchase link: (up to Qty8 can be used in the Modular Vise, ordering at least four is recommended for use)