The SMW 1/2" Modular Vise uses low profile clamping for a versatile workholding and fixturing system in combination with Saunders Machine Works 1/2" Fixture Plates!
- Soft jaw compatible!
- Steel body and jaws machined in-house by SMW.
- The fixed position Mod Vise Jaw uses diamond pins for quick tram alignment with the Fixture Plate's bolt pattern. SMW Mod Vises will generally not work on non-SMW fixture plates.
- Uses 7/16-20 'clamping bolts' on the Adjustable Jaw to deliver ~2900 pounds of clamping force at 30 ft/lbs torque per bolt- on par with typical 4" machine vises.
- Video Tutorial on How to Use the Mod Vise.
- See images for minimum clamping height of vise jaws
- (1) Fixed-Position Modular Vise (1/2")
- (1) Adjustable-Position Modular Vise (1/2)"
- (4) 7/16-20 Clamping bolts.
- (1) Hardware kit to fasten Modular Vise to SMW Fixture Plate
Related Product & Accessories:
- Soft Jaws
- SMW Purchase link: (4-Sided Aluminum Soft Jaws)
- Reversible Jaw Insert
- SMW Purchase link: (Qty2 recommended for convenient 'step jaw' configuration).
- Talon Grips
- Manufacturer info & link: Mitee Bite P/N 32050
- SMW Purchase link: (up to Qty8 can be used in the Modular Vise, ordering at least four is recommended for use)